It’s been a while since I published a recipe – to be honest, it’s been a while since I wrote a recipe and just as long since I did any serious cooking. I’ve just been so busy working and writing code that I haven’t had a chance to write anything else. Tina has also really stepped up and decided to enjoy cooking, so I rarely get a chance to get into the kitchen any more. After waking at 3AM with Rylan and seeing a similar recipe on a late-night cooking show, i decided to give this a shot this morning. They go great with Corona Light and Sunday football!
I hope you enjoy these tasty slow-cooked curry chicken thighs, they truly are delicious.
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 4 Tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chinese 5-spice Powder
- 2/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp chili oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown the chicken thighs over medium-high heat in the peanut oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken while it’s cooking. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Combine all other ingredients into a slow-cooker / crock pot.
- Add browned chicken thighs to crock pot and cook on High for 4-6 hours until the chicken falls off the bone.
- Remove chicken from juice and serve warm with fried rice and vegetables.