- 1 cup Southern Comfort
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1 tbsp diced garlic
- 1 tbsp diced ginger
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- Bring Southern Comfort and Apple Cider vinegar to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add each of the other ingredients, one at a time, with enough time between to maintain the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and later to medium-low, to bring the mixture down to a medium simmer.
- Simmer for about an hour, stirring every few minutes.
- Strain out the solids, bottle, and let cool before serving.
Makes one small bottle. Serve with chicken or other poultry.