30 Day Photo Challenge

Last year, I purchased a Canon T3i so I could record some memories of my travels to Nepal, Qatar, The Grand Canyon, and other amazing places. I haven’t spent a lot of time developing a photography “style” or even learning how to use the camera well, but I’ve decided that the time has come toContinue reading “30 Day Photo Challenge”

CSV to GPX Converter

I have often had a difficult time trying to import a large number of GPS waypoints into my Garmin chart plotter. To make the task a little easier, I just completed a quick and dirty CSV to GPX converter. Once you have converted your data, you can import the file into Garmin HomePort and finallyContinue reading “CSV to GPX Converter”

My New Boat

Specs: 1984 25′ Wellcraft cabin cruiser, solid glass all around 1997 Johnson 250 2-stroke (A little smokey but a truly reliable beast) Garmin GPSMap 546s Sonar/GPS/Chartplotter Hummingbird depth King AP 2000 Autopilot Onboard electric sink, stove, refrigerator Supposedly sleeps 6, but I would say 4 comfortably Upgraded aluminum 125 gallon fuel tank One manual downrigger withContinue reading “My New Boat”

Rebuilding the Boat, One Piece at a Time

With the birth of our baby boy, I haven’t had a whole lot of time to spend working on my favorite project, a 1989 Raven 2100cc cruiser. But next week, our wedding is coming up. We’ve rented a nice house in Key Largo for the wedding week which is on the water. My plan allContinue reading “Rebuilding the Boat, One Piece at a Time”

Alpha One Outdrive Trim Solenoids

I spent the weekend running down issues with the boat. I purchased a new double-size marine battery just to be sure we had full electrical power and she fired right up! I still couldn’t get the outdrive to raise though. After diagnosing the problem, I found the up-solenoid was dead. It’s funny how two issuesContinue reading “Alpha One Outdrive Trim Solenoids”